Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Iranian President's New Blog -

The blogosphere has a new citizen.

The President of Iran, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Here is the link*

This is obviously a new era of openess and transparency for Iran. You may not be able to get Playboy Channel or CNN, but you can get Mahmoud's blog.

Yep, you can now get RSS feed of the President's latest thoughts, without that pesky media-filter which skewers everything the I-Prez has to say.

You can even leave comments, though oddly, none appear on the blog.... No doubt Condi, George and Olmert will be providing their thoughts very soon... (On that subject, just what does the icon for Tomahawk missile look like...?)

And there is a poll question (omigosh... it's just like Bourque)... "Do you think that the US and Israeli intention and goal by attacking Lebanon is pulling the trigger for another word war?" It's a YES / NO question.

(NOTE TO IRANIAN READERS: "YES" is the wisest answer here... don't worry, the rest of us will deal with "NO" answer.)

Today's entry is Mahmoud's autobiography... it's a heart-warming coming of age story of a young islamofascist during the trials and tribulations of nascent Islamofacism developing in Iran, and it is filled with self-sacrifice:
"I prepared myself for university admission test-conquer. And later on that year, I took the test. Although I had nose bleeding during the test, but I became 132nd student among over 400 thousand participants. "
132nd? Hot diggity! And with a nose-bleed to boot... This guy could have been an Ontario scholar... but he continues to describe the hardship of life under the Shah...:
"When I used to go to high school, shah celebrated the 2500 years of monarchy of Iran. Those years, poverty among the oppressed people of Iran was escalated and doubled. The imposition of the cost and the expenditure of these festivals and ceremonies and also the crapulence of shah’s debauched clan and their foreign companies, broke the people’s back."
I am not sure what "crapulence" is, but it sounds something like a Celine Dion show. But hey, I'm from Ottawa, and after years of bailing out the Rough Riders /Renegades, I get his point..

Unfortunately, the site lacks some key features. Frinstanz, there is no Blog-roll, though I have no doubt that it will come soon.... should be quite a jostle to get on it...

And I can't wait to see if he signs up for Google ads....


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

*Warren Kinsella Note: W - I read your blog-biting exchange with Mr. Doskosch, and I want to be clear that like yourself, I am not taking sides in the leadership campaign, and this should not be viewed as an endorsement of Mahmoud A.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I imagine crapulence really means corruption, but I like crapulence...it made me laugh out loud.

You should pass the link on to Harper, maybe he'll start a blog, with comments! It would fit in well with his open and transparent government.

Of course under the comments window, it would read;

This blog does not allow any comments that don't agree with my views.